Thursday, December 11, 2008

Planned? System Maintenance

Couldnt' sleep and thought I'd try gay.com with my XO now that it's gotten a full system update (the original release I had couldn't handle multiple windows so it couldn't handle gay.com chat). Well, I got this message:

Planned System Maintenance
gay.com and Planetout.com are currently down.
This is a planned outage for system upgrades and we should be back online by
6:00 am PST.

Thank you for your patience.
Eric WilsonVP, Product Planning and
Strategy


Planned? I've been checking their blog pretty regularly and there's nothing posted about this being planned. Nor was there an announcement on gay.com eariler today.

Just great. Now when they have a crash they call it "planned." And Eric is still there shelling out the excuses.

No comments: